Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas, cumin and cilantro makes a fast and simple weeknight dinner.
Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas
Don’t you find it irresistible while you whip up one thing with random leftover substances, and it seems unbelievable? That’s precisely what occurred right here. This Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas was an enormous hit with everybody in my home. For extra of my favourite floor turkey recipes, attempt my Ground Turkey Skillet with Zucchini, Corn, and Beans, Turkey Picadillo, and Ground Turkey Taco Skillet.
make this simple floor turkey dish
I purchase a package deal of floor turkey each week, and I’m all the time developing with new methods to make use of it. Right here’s find out how to make this floor turkey and potatoes recipe.
- Finely chop the tomato, garlic, and cilantro.
- Brown the turkey and season with salt and cumin.
- Add the scallions, tomato combination, peas, potato, tomato sauce, water, cumin, salt, and bay leaf.
- Cowl and simmer on medium-low warmth for about 25 minutes till the potatoes are delicate.
- Add extra water if wanted and take away the bay leaf.
What to Serve with Ground Turkey with Potatoes
We served this floor turkey dish over rice, and the parts had been extraordinarily beneficiant. You would additionally use cauliflower rice for a low-carb possibility. If you wish to skip the rice, double the potatoes or serve with roasted greens.
Leftover floor turkey and potatoes will final within the fridge for 3 to 4 days or within the freezer for as much as three months. To reheat, thaw in a single day within the fridge and microwave till heat.
- Potatoes: Sub candy potatoes for russet potatoes.
- Peas: Use frozen peas as an alternative of recent ones. Should you don’t like peas, swap them for corn, black beans, carrots, or bell pepper.
- Tomatoes: Use a can of diced tomatoes in case you don’t have a recent one.
- Spiciness: Add crushed purple pepper or jalapeño or prime with scorching sauce to make it spicy.
Extra Ground Turkey Recipes You’ll Love:
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 cup
In a mini meals processor or you’ll be able to chop by hand finely chop tomato, garlic and cilantro.
In a big skillet, brown turkey and season with salt and cumin to style.
When meat is browned and cooked by means of add scallions, chopped tomato combination, peas, potato, tomato sauce, water, cumin, salt and bay leaf.
Cowl and simmer over medium-low warmth till potatoes are cooked by means of, about 25 minutes stirring sometimes.
Add extra water if wanted. Take away bay leaf and serve over rice if desired.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup, Energy: 209 kcal, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Protein: 21 g, Fats: 7 g, Sodium: 331.5 mg, Fiber: 3.5 g, Sugar: 1.5 g