I’ve been SO excited to share this recipe with you all ever since my mama made it for me. As lots of , my pretty mama moved to Chicago final yr after dwelling on the west coast and he or she, in fact, introduced all of her unbelievable recipes along with her.
After I used to go to my mother we’d spend time doing what we each love probably the most — cooking up nourishing meals and creating some superb baked items. I keep in mind the primary time she made this lovely honey oatmeal artisan bread and I knew this could change into a staple. We’d toast it up with a bit butter and flaky sea salt, or construct scrumptious sandwiches with these completely thick, chewy slices of bread.
The most effective half is that this no knead bread makes use of tremendous easy components and is mainly fool-proof. In case you’ve by no means made selfmade bread earlier than, that is the very best recipe to start out with. Take a look at all of my ideas and trick all through the submit, and luxuriate in a enjoyable baking undertaking with the individuals you’re keen on. Let me know the way it goes within the feedback, plus your favourite methods to make use of this excellent bread!
Why you’ll love this honey oatmeal artisan bread
This artisan bread recipe is the right undertaking for bread-baking beginnings. It’s referred to as “artisan bread” as a result of it’s meant to be extra rustic and imperfect than a conventional bread loaf, which is what makes it so distinctive and delightful! This bread is:
- Really easy to make with none kneading required, so that you received’t even want a stand mixer!
- Made with easy components and kitchen instruments
- Deliciously hearty and completely candy due to the oatmeal and honey
- Extremely tender and fluffy on the within with a golden, crispy, chewy crust
- Superb served as toast, dipped into your fav soups, and used as sandwich bread
Principally, that is the whole lot you possibly can ever need in selfmade bread and also you’ll really feel so achieved if you make it!
Elements in the perfect oatmeal artisan bread recipe
You’re going to like how easy the components are for this pretty no knead artisan bread. This bread is egg-free, simply made dairy free, and naturally sweetened with a bit honey! Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Flour: we’re utilizing bread flour on this recipe to present this bread the right fluffy texture.
- Oats: rolled oats assist to present the bread a pleasant hearty chew.
- Seeds: you’ll add roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or each) plus flax seeds to the dough, then a number of sunflower or pumpkin seeds on prime.
- Baking staples: you’ll want salt and speedy rise yeast, which is also referred to as fast rise yeast, to assist the bread rise.
- For moisture: we’re including each water and milk to the dough to present it simply sufficient moisture. Be happy to make use of common or dairy free milk. You’ll additionally want a bit olive oil.
- To sweeten: as I discussed, this bread recipe is of course sweetened with honey.
Can I make it gluten free?
Sadly, no, I can not suggest a gluten free flour substitute for this recipe.
measure flour correctly
Whereas probably the most correct method to measure flour is to weigh it, many baking recipes are way more forgiving and received’t require a scale. Get all of my ideas and methods for measuring flour precisely right here! This can make sure that your bread comes out good and fluffy as a substitute of dense.
The most effective yeast to make use of on this recipe
As I discussed, you’ll wish to use a speedy rise or fast rise yeast within the bread recipe. Speedy rise yeast doesn’t need to be “proofed,” so that you don’t have to attend till the yeast “prompts” earlier than persevering with with the recipe. On this honey oatmeal artisan bread, you’ll merely:
- Combine the yeast with the remainder of your dry components.
- Warmth up the milk and water till they attain 115 levels F, then combine within the honey and olive oil.
- Combine the dry and moist components collectively till they’re simply included.
That’s it! No proofing required. The speedy rise yeast will activate (quickly) when blended with the nice and cozy milk/water combination and can work together with the sugars within the honey to activate.
Ideas & methods for baking honey artisan bread
- Don’t overmix. When combining the moist and dry components collectively, watch out to not overmix the dough. Overmixed dough will result in a dense bread loaf.
- Let the dough relaxation. After letting the dough rise for two hours, you’ll dump it out onto a well-floured floor, flip it over 8-10 occasions, and form it right into a ball. You’ll then wish to place the dough ball right into a bowl lined with parchment paper, cowl it with a heat towel, and let it relaxation once more for about an hour. Don’t skip this half! It’s important for the feel and wonderful pockets that can bake up within the bread.
- Warmth your dutch oven. Earlier than including the bread dough to your dutch oven and baking it, you’ll wish to warmth it up in your oven. Place the dutch oven in your chilly oven and preheat the oven to 425 levels F (the temp you’ll bake the bread at). Heating up the pan FIRST ensures that the bread has what’s referred to as an “oven spring,” which is the extra burst or rise that happens within the bread proper when it will get into the oven earlier than the crust begins to type.
- Bake it with the lid on. You’ll wish to bake the bread in your dutch oven with the lid on first in order that the bread is ready to steam a bit whereas it’s baking. This can give the bread that great, crispy crust.
- Let it cool earlier than reducing. Like nearly each baked good, be sure to let the bread cool for 1 hour earlier than reducing into it in order that it retains its form.
Our favourite methods to get pleasure from this bread
I imply, can you actually go unsuitable with freshly baked bread? I believe not. Listed below are a number of of the infinite methods you may get pleasure from this lovely honey oatmeal artisan bread:
Storing & freezing selfmade artisan bread
- To retailer: it’s greatest to retailer no knead artisan on the counter. As soon as the bread is totally cool, wrap it in plastic and retailer at room temperature. If the climate is sizzling or humid, it’s greatest to retailer the bread within the fridge.
- To freeze the bread: wrap it in plastic wrap, then seal it in a bag, ensuring to get all of the air out of the bag. You can too wrap the bread in plastic after which wrap it tightly in foil. Bread ought to final Three months within the freezer. As soon as able to serve, unwrap the bread and thaw at room temperature.
Extra bread recipes you’ll love
Get all of my bread recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread! In case you make it you’ll want to go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
No Knead Seeded Honey Oat Artisan Bread
Whole Time 3 hours 35 minutes
Stunning no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread recipe made with easy components for a straightforward bread recipe you may bake time and again. This excellent selfmade artisan bread is tender and fluffy on the within with the right golden crust. Take pleasure in this scrumptious bread toasted along with your fav toppings, dipping in soups, or making sandwiches!
- Dry components:
rolled oats (or use a sizzling cereal mix comparable to Bob’s Purple Mill 5-grain sizzling cereal)
speedy rise yeast (also referred to as fast rise yeast)
roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or a mixture of each!)
flax seeds (not flaxseed meal)
- Moist components:
milk of alternative (I take advantage of dairy free milk)
- A number of tablespoons additional flour for shaping
sunflower or pumpkin seeds for on prime of bread
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, oats, yeast, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and salt.
In a microwaveable bowl, add water and milk and warmth up for 1 minute till barely hotter than tub water or roughly 115 levels F. Stir the honey and olive oil into the water/milk combination as soon as heat. Add moist components to the dry components and blend with a wood spoon till simply included, don’t over combine.
Cowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for two hours or till doubled in dimension.
After the dough has risen, place it on a well-floured floor and sprinkle it with a bit flour. Utilizing a scraper (or your palms is okay), fold dough over about 8-10 occasions after which flip over and form right into a ball. Place dough in a parchment paper-lined massive bowl and canopy with a heat towel. Permit the dough to relaxation once more for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Proper across the 30 minute mark of your dough resting, place a Four to 6-quart Dutch oven with lid on within the chilly oven and preheat to 425 levels F and permit the pot to warmth up within the oven for 20 minutes. As soon as the oven has preheated all the way in which, take away the pot from the oven and instantly add the parchment paper with the dough to the new pot (watch out as you do that!). Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon additional sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, then cowl with the lid and bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, take away the lid from the pot and return to the oven, uncovered. Bake for 10-15 extra minutes till bread is good and golden on prime to your liking. Permit bread to chill for an hour earlier than slicing. Makes 1 loaf, about 12 slices. This bread is nice when toasted and served with butter and a bit salt. I adore it for dipping in soups and making sandwiches too!
See the complete submit for ideas & methods for making this lovely bread!
Servings: 12 servings
Serving dimension: 1 slice (primarily based on 12)
Saturated fats: 0.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats